Over the years I was happy and priviliged to receive the following important professional awards:
On November 30th, 2018 at my farewell symposium and speech at Eundhoven University of Technology, I was pleasantly surprised to receive a royal decoration from the major of my city Stichtse Vecht to recognize me for my contributions to the (inter)national practitioner and academic communities in purchasing and supply management. I was nominated as Officer in the Order of Oranje Nassau, which was a great way to end my university career.
NEVI HONORARY MEMBER 2018
- On October 9th, 2018 NEVI's Board of Management awarded the NEVI Honorary Membership to prof dr Arjan van Weele for his outstanding contribution to the purchasing and supply management profession and community in The Netherlands and abroad.
- IPSERA Lifetime Achievement Award
The Award states: 'In sincere appreciation for the extraordinary contribution to the advancement of Purchasing and Supply Management as an academic discipline'.
• NIMA Prisen from NIMA (Norwegian Purchasing Association) for outstanding contribution to the field.
• Hans Ovelgonne Award, International Federation of Purchasing and Supply Management, for outstanding contribution to the profession.
Best Paper Awards
• 2014 IPSERA CONFERENCE Best academic paper
Sumo, R., Van der Valk, W. , Van Weele, A.J. and Bode, Chr. (2014), Fostering Incremental and Radical Innovation through Performance Based Contracting in Inter-Organizational Relationships, IPSERA Conference, working paper, University of South Africa, Pretoria, 16-18th April, 19 pp. download
• 2011 IPSERA CONFERENCE Best academic paper for business practitioners
Boudewijn A. Driedonks, Josette M.P. Gevers,Mariann Jelinek, Arjan J. van Weele, ‘Management’s blind spot: Effects of team performance and teamwork behavior on perceived functional diversity appropriateness’, In: Rozemeijer, F. (Ed), Vision 20/20 - Preparing Today for Tomorrow’s Challenges, 20th IPSERA Conference, Proceedings, Maastricht, 11-13th April 2011, pp. 111-135. download
• 2010 IPSERA CONFERENCE Best academic paper for business practitioners
Prize winning paper IPSERA Conference: ‘Best academic paper for business practitioners’. Kibbeling, M.I, Van der Bij, H., Van Weele, A.J. en Di Benedetto, A.C, ‘CSR orientation as a guiding principle for innovativeness: a supply chain perspective’, 19th IPSERA Conference, Lappeenranta, Finland, 17-19th May, 2010, Conference Proceedings, pp.250-269. download
• EIPM 2003
‘Best Professor of the Year’ by the students of the International Purchasing and Supply Management MBA-program, European Institute for Purchasing Management (EIPM),Geneva.
• Best Teacher Award, Faculty Technology Management, Eindhoven University of Technology (2002,2003,2004,2005,2006).